The Crime Cabana

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Crime Cabana

True Crime Discussion

4 posters

Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King

tezi
    tezi
    Admin

Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King Empty Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King

Post by tezi Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 pm

NEW YORK (AP) -- "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan appears to be the front-runner to claim the CNN talk show long hosted by Larry King, and he has won permission from NBC, which airs the hit talent contest, to pursue the CNN job.

~~~SNIP~~~

However, the CNN job, were Morgan to land it, would occupy "second position" in his work priority, according to an industry official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because that person wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the host changeover.

~~~SNIP~~~

Along with such candidates as Katie Couric and Ryan Seacrest, Morgan has been considered a favorite to replace King, who on June 29 announced his departure from the prime-time perch he has occupied for a quarter century. King, 76, said he would step down from his weeknight show this fall.

~~~SNIP~~~

Morgan, now King's likely successor, would bring a sharper-edged sensibility to a show entrenched in King's easygoing, regular-Joe style.

Morgan is a 45-year-old former British tabloid editor who turned to television several years ago. He has since been seen hosting such varied series as "You Can't Fire Me, I'm Famous" for BBC and doing interview shows and documentaries for ITV. He has been a judge on "Britain's Got Talent" and its U.S. spinoff, "America's Got Talent." In 2008, he won the competition as a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice."

LINKY

I have to admit, I used to hate Piers Morgan when "America's Got Talent" first started. But now, I really like him. I think he would be a great replacement for Larry King. I bet he would ask a lot better questions than Larry King does.

I wonder if CBS is getting ready to get rid of Katie Couric? I think their evening news is always last in the ratings behind NBC and ABC. I am thankful that it appears that she won't be taking over for Larry King.
    ilovemew
    ilovemew

Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King Empty Re: Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King

Post by ilovemew Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Please not Seacrest or Couric!!!
    ilovemew
    ilovemew

Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King Empty Re: Piers Morgan is Favorite to Succeed Larry King

Post by ilovemew Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:04 pm

A Brit as host? I don't get it Suspect
    gozgals
    gozgals

Post by gozgals Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 am

I too like Morgan now. He grew on me but I don't see him as Kings replacement.
    I have to think about who I would like to see take over the throne...

Seacrest or Couric, tell me it isn't so.

I would like the job myself since I did a local cable channel or two in my time. (HA HA) I'm sure they are banging
    on my door as I am typing. bounce bounce
    teh
    teh
    Admin

Post by teh Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am

Seacrest????? Oh NO.........really?
    tezi
    tezi
    Admin

Post by tezi Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 pm

gozgals wrote:I too like Morgan now. He grew on me but I don't see him as Kings replacement.
    I have to think about who I would like to see take over the throne...

Seacrest or Couric, tell me it isn't so.

I would like the job myself since I did a local cable channel or two in my time. (HA HA) I'm sure they are banging
    on my door as I am typing. bounce bounce

Well Goz, I couldn't think of a better host than you!!!!
    gozgals
    gozgals

Post by gozgals Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:55 am

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks Darling...Now if only they thought that way.
    ilovemew
    ilovemew

Post by ilovemew Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree! Let's have an in with the new LKL host! cheers I want to be on the show as an "expert" in whatever you can fill in the blank. LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm