The Crime Cabana

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Crime Cabana

True Crime Discussion

2 posters

Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children

tezi
    tezi
    Admin

Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children Empty Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children

Post by tezi Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Austen Minter apparently wasn't satisfied toiling in the minors as a smalltime perp -- trespasser, women abuser, menace behind the wheel. On July 9, the 25-year-old decided to amp up his game: He gunned down three members of his own family.

As first reported in the Gaston Gazette, Minter killed the mother of children, Tracy Hedgepath, and two of their kids, Austen II, age six, and three-year-old Serenity before turning the gun on himself.

A third child, seven-year-old Destiny, survived the carnage. At the time of the shooting, Hedgepath was three months pregnant with hers and Minter's fourth child.

~~~SNIP~~~

As Gaston County Police officials try to understand how the domestic dispute turned deadly, court records show that Minter, who had a history of mental illness, was a brewing disaster just waiting to happen.

~~~SNIP~~~

According to Gazette reporter Michael Barrett, Gaston County Police and Sheriff's Officials had been called in 17 times to the Dean Drive residence Hedgepath and Minter shared. Among the responses were three for civil disturbance, one for a domestic dispute, five warrant services and four to serve subpoenas.

~~~SNIP~~~

Their dealings with law enforcement began in 2004 when Minter was convicted of shooting Hedgepath.

He was fined $150 and got two years probation.

Fast forward three years to 2007 when Minter fired a gun into Hedgepath's home while their kids were inside. According to records, Minter was involuntarily committed to Kings Mountain Hospital.

The violence escalated into the following year when Hedgepath sought a domestic violence restraining order.

~~~SNIP~~~

That same year Hedgepath would file for custody of the children, saying her relationship with Minter was over. In the custody fight, a judge remarked that Minter's behavior "is becoming increasingly erratic, unpredictable and uninhibited."

~~~SNIP~~~

LINK TO TRUE CRIME REPORT

I think after being shot by him six years ago, she probably should have left and stayed gone permanently. This guy sounds like he was a murder waiting to happen.

One of their children survived, I can't imagine the horror the child has to live with for the rest of her life.

At least this guy is going to save taxpayers money.
    ilovemew
    ilovemew

Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children Empty Re: Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children

Post by ilovemew Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Was the child, D injured do we know?
    tezi
    tezi
    Admin

Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children Empty Re: Man Kills Pregnant Girlfriend and Two Children

Post by tezi Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:50 am

ilovemew wrote:Was the child, D injured do we know?

I am not sure Mew, I haven't seen anything else about this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:06 am